Showing 354 resultsAuthority record
The Burnside Lawn Bowling Club was organized in 1922 and incorporated on 24 December 1923. The Club was formed to “promote, foster and safeguard the Game of Lawn Bowling, and to encourage and maintain Friendship amongst the Members”. In 1923 club member George Vallance donated land on Hampton Road for a green and clubhouse. The clubhouse, known as Hampton Hall, was completed in 1927. Electric lights were added in 1930 to allow night time use of the green. The Burnside Lawn Bowling Club continues to operate from the site.
See Burnside Lawn Bowling Club.
The Citizens’ Task Force on Recycling was formed on April 19, 1979 to research and formulate a recycling program for presentation to Saanich Council. The recycling proposal was presented on February 6, 1980. The Citizens’ Task Force on Recycling was chaired by Alderman Sturrock.
The climatological station was officially named Victoria-Tillicum, located at Tillicum Road and the Trans-Canada Highway.
The Locke family leased and farmed the Rithet property, Broadmead Farm, during the 1930s. Pat Coates was a daughter of the Locke family.