Showing 348 results

Geauthoriseerde beschrijving

Askey, Jim

Jim Askey has lived in Saanich since ca. 1940. He grew up in the Carey area and attended McKenzie Avenue School. Jim Askey’s mother, Doris Fieldhouse, was born and raised in Saanich. Jim Askey’s father, George Askey, was born in Nanaimo and raised in Saanich. George Askey was the Saanich Police Commissioner from 1949 to 1963.

Ball, George

After placing an ad in the local newspaper in 1936 looking for a house or land in the Saanich area, George Ball (son of John Thomas Ball) bought 54 Maddock Avenue and built a house, where he lived until 2003. George Ball was an amateur astronomer. He also owned and operated Ball Electric which opened ca. 1946. George Ball built the shop itself at the corner of Burnside and Harriet (1 Burnside Road West), where his children regularly spent time after school. According to his daughter, George built the first television in Victoria.

Ball, John Thomas

John Thomas Ball lived at 3241 Harriet Road in Saanich. In 1944, John Thomas Ball submitted a plan to Saanich showing a suggested layout for the proposed development of Rudd Park, located across the street from his residence. Once the park was established, John Thomas Ball continued to support the Playground Committee by donating time and supplies.

Baran, Walter

Walter Baran (1916-1997) lived at 3945 Carey Road, which was subdivided in 1958. Walter Baran and his brother Alex operated the Tillicum Service Station from 1936 to 1976.

Barnes, Walton E.

According to the 1943 British Columbia directory, Walton E. Barnes was a seaman and lived on Sinclair Road in Cadboro Bay.

Barr, Jennifer Nell

Jennifer Nell Barr is the author of Saanich Heritage Structures: An Inventory, published by The Corporation of the District of Saanich, 1991. She is the co-author of Saanich Heritage Structures, published by The Corporation of the District of Saanich, 2008.

Resultaten 11 tot 20 van 348