Gordon Head Mutual Improvement Society collection
- 1967 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
19 photographs and other material
Name of creator
In 1896, the Gordon Head Mutual Improvement Society was founded, and two years later a community hall was built to house the group. The Society was the centre of community life for many years, but was disbanded in 1929. In 1946 the Society was revived, and at that time purchased the community hall building and land from Arthur Lambrick. In 1967, the organization celebrated its 70th anniversary.
Donated in 1981 by Alixena Williamson, a long-time resident who was active in the Gordon Head Mutual Improvement Society.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Collection consists of photographs and news clippings relating to the 70th anniversary of the Gordon Head Mutual Improvement Society.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
No further accruals are expected.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Accession number: 1981-027
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Williamson, Alixena (Subject)