Goward family fonds
- [186-]-1980 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
112 photographs. – 48 boxes of textual and other material
Name of creator
Bernard and Mary Beale Goward built their house "Woodlands" on Arbutus Road in 1908. The District of Saanich purchased the house in September of 1973.
Donated by the Goward family in 1992.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Fonds consists of photographs of the Beale and Goward families, the Goward house, and Cadboro Bay. Fonds includes correspondence, paintings, drawings, books, brochures, photographs and albums relating to the Goward and Beale families.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
No further accruals are expected.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Accession number: 1982-013, 2007-054, 2007-065, 2007-113