Showing 225 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions
Print preview View:

Saanich Engineering Department Photograph fonds

  • CR-110
  • Fonds
  • 1975-ca. 2000

Fonds consists of photographs of public works construction and improvement projects including bridge and overpass construction, and intersections, road views, and buildings. Includes some textual material relating to road improvements, and 4 plans.

Saanich Engineering Department

Saanich Engineering Files Collection

  • CR-111
  • Fonds
  • 1955-1980

Collection consists of textual records and a small number of maps and plans and includes correspondence between members of the Engineering Department staff and the public, interdepartmental and intradepartmental reports, proposals and petitions.

District of Saanich - Engineering Department

Saanich Fire Department Collection

  • CR-112
  • Fonds
  • 1919-2004

Collection consists of photographs of fires, fire stations and other buildings, Fire Department employees and vehicles, and special events. Includes correspondence, agreements and scrapbooks.

Saanich Fire Department

Saanich Heritage Advisory Collection

  • CR-113
  • Fonds
  • [1978]-2015

Collection consists of photographs of various heritage structures in Saanich including the Ellison Feed Building on Culduthel Road, the Lindsay log cabin at 4420 Wilkinson Road, the Dodd House, the Goward house, the stone wall at Wilkinson Road Jail, and St. Mark’s Church. Collection also includes 1 certificate of an award of merit. The collection includes pre-demolition photographs of buildings removed from the Saanich Heritage Register. Collection inlcudes 166 photographs, 22 digital photographs, 25 slides, and 59 negatives.

Saanich Heritage Advisory and Archives Committee

Saanich Heritage Structures Inventory Collection

  • CR-114
  • Fonds
  • 1987-2008 predominant

Collection consists of 1393 photographs, negatives and slides of heritage structures in Saanich. Includes 3.5 m of textual material consisting of files of historical, biographical and architectural information collected on each property.

District of Saanich

Saanich Mayor’s Office files

  • CR-115
  • Fonds
  • 1915-1927; 1947-1984

Fonds consists of files created by the Saanich Mayor’s Office from 1915 to 1984. Fonds includes correspondence, committee minutes, reports, proposals and studies generated or acquired during the course of daily operations. Also included are invitations to community functions, directives to staff, and replies to residents’ letters. Records are primarily from the administrations of Stanley Murphy (1962-1964), Hugh Austin Curtis (1965-1973), Edward Fook Lui Lum (1974-1977) and Municipal Administrator William Tremayne (1973-1985). Also included are various Police Commission records from 1915 to 1984.

Saanich Mayor's Office

Saanich Parks and Recreation Collection

  • CR-117
  • Fonds
  • 1958-2010

Collection consists of photographs and documents relating to Parks and Recreation facilities, programmes and events.

Saanich Parks and Recreation Department

Saanich Parks Department Photograph fonds

  • CR-118
  • Fonds
  • 1958-1974, [1993]

Fonds consists of a large album containing photographs of parks, employees, and equipment, taken from 1958 to 1974. Fonds includes loose photograph relating to Beckwith Park, 1993.

Saanich Parks Department

Saanich Petitions 1912-1940

  • CR-119
  • Fonds
  • 1912-1940

Fonds consists of petitions submitted by Saanich residents appealing to the municipal government in respect of various causes such as road improvements, animal control, sidewalks, street lighting, water supply, and drainage. Fonds includes a ledger book recording petitions received by the District of Saanich. The petitions are thought to have been received between 1912 and 1940, although about 2/3 of the petitions are undated.

Saanich Clerk’s Office

Results 11 to 20 of 225