Item 1978-001-016 - Royal Oak Elementary School, built ca. 1885

Open original Digital object

Identity area

Reference code



Royal Oak Elementary School, built ca. 1885


  • 1965 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

Photograph, Colour Print

Context area

Name of creator


Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Photographer: L. Webb.
Location: 4525 West Saanich Road

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

No restrictions on access.

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area


Built ca. 1885 and used until 1951. Built on 1/4 acre of land donated by Mr Bailey in 1864. The first school opened on July 8th, 1865 with 15 students. This building was used as a school until 1951.

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places