Saanich Planning Department

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Saanich Planning Department

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Planning Department was officially formed in 1958 with the hiring of the first planner, Mr. A.L. Parr, although planning decisions had been made since the earliest days of the municipality by other departments or committees attached to Council. An Assistant Planner, Thomas W. Loney was employed in November, 1959. By 1960 the department consisted of the aforementioned planners, a subdivision administrator, a draughtsman and a typist. In 1962 the department expanded due to theincrease in population from 1956-1962. With expansion and the demand for more schools, parks, public buildings and utilities, there was an increasing need for community planning.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC