Archief CR-121 - Saanich Planning Department Photograph fonds

Opening of Blanshard Street extension, October 25, 1978 Dodd house being moved from Kenmore Avenue to Lambrick Park Dodd house being moved from Kenmore Avenue to Lambrick Park Dodd house being moved from Kenmore Avenue to Lambrick Park Dodd house being moved from Kenmore Avenue to Lambrick Park Detail of Dodd house, during move from Kenmore Avenue to Lambrick Park Dodd house being moved from Kenmore Avenue to Lambrick Park Dodd house being moved from Kenmore Avenue to Lambrick Park Dodd house being moved from Kenmore Avenue to Lambrick Park Dodd house being moved from Kenmore Avenue to Lambrick Park
Resultaten 1 tot 10 van 262 Show all

Identificatie

referentie code

CR-121

Titel

Saanich Planning Department Photograph fonds

Datum(s)

  • 1960-1980 (Vervaardig)

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

Omvang en medium

2029 photographs (including 86 digital photographs; 1637 col. slides)

Context

Naam van de archiefvormer

Biografie

The Planning Department was officially formed in 1958 with the hiring of the first planner, Mr. A.L. Parr, although planning decisions had been made since the earliest days of the municipality by other departments or committees attached to Council. An Assistant Planner, Thomas W. Loney was employed in November, 1959. By 1960 the department consisted of the aforementioned planners, a subdivision administrator, a draughtsman and a typist. In 1962 the department expanded due to theincrease in population from 1956-1962. With expansion and the demand for more schools, parks, public buildings and utilities, there was an increasing need for community planning.

archiefbewaarplaats

Geschiedenis van het archief

Transferred from the Saanich Planning Department.

Directe bron van verwerving of overbrenging

Inhoud en structuur

Bereik en inhoud

Fonds consists of photographs relating to land use, neighbourhoods, heritage and development in Saanich including: heritage buildings; commercial and municipal buildings; churches; schools; farm buildings; Dominion Astrophysical Observatory; Wilkinson Road Jail; and Dodd House.

Waardering, vernietiging en slectie

Aanvullingen

Further accruals are expected.

Ordeningstelsel

Voorwaarden voor toegang en gebruik

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging

No restrictions on access.

Voorwaarden voor reproductie

Taal van het materiaal

  • Engels

Schrift van het materiaal

Taal en schrift aantekeningen

Fysieke eigenschappen en technische eisen

Toegangen

Verwante materialen

Bestaan en verblifplaats van originelen

Bestaan en verblijfplaats van kopieën

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Aantekeningen

Aantekening

Accession number: 1978-002, 1980-001, 1980-011, 1984-016, 1987-003, 1992-005, 1992-012, 1992-027, 2007-060, 2010-067, 2012-030, 2012-036, 2016-007, 2012-31, 2016-007, 2019-012.

Alternative identifier(s)

Trefwoorden

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beschrijvingsbeheer

Identificatie van de beschrijving

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Toegepaste regels en/of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Verwijdering van datering archiefvorming

Taal (talen)

Schrift(en)

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik