Item 1979-001-007 - St Michael and All Angels Church

Open original Digital object

Identity area

Reference code



St Michael and All Angels Church


  • 1979 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

Photograph, Colour Print, 12 x 9 cm

Context area

Name of creator


Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Photographer: Douglas Franklin.
Location: 4733 West Saanich Road

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

No restrictions on access.

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area


The Church was dedicated on St Michael's Day on September 24, 1883. Louis Duval, the owner of the Royal Oak Hotel, cleared the land and his son was the first baby baptised in 1884.It was built to hold 100 people at the cost of $2,500. 1922 a church hall was built. 1954 the first addition was added, gallery and choir room. The bell tower was built by Mr W.Carmichael.

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places